Election Day is May 1st-3rd, 2013
It’s hard to believe that it’s already been almost four months since our last election. Of course, in accordance with our constitution, it is required that we hold an election for President. Everybody in GD for at least 1 week before election day may run for President. This probably means you.
To be added to the ballot, please comment on this post stating your intention to run, or see me (Pungy) on chat. You may campaign in any manner you wish, as long as you abide by these ground rules:
1. Be respectful to everybody, even your opponents.
2. No slander. This means you cannot spread RUMORS or LIES to hurt your opponents campaign. Spreading truths about yourself or your opponents IS legal, however. If what you are saying about your opponents is found to be false, you will be disqualified and votes toward you will be discounted.
3. No bribery. This means no xat giveaways, no special deals, etc. to win people’s support. If you are found to be bribing someone, you will be disqualified, your votes discounted, and the person who was bribed will keep the benefits.
4. YOU MUST ANNOUNCE YOUR VICE-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE 1 WEEK BEFORE THE ELECTION.
5. Owner candidates MAY make campaign posts on the GD site. Non-owners may submit campaign posts to an owner who is willing to post it for them. Owners are not required to post non-owner candidates’ campaign posts.
Also, just to remind you all on how the election procedure works:
A refresher on election procedures…
- Anyone in GD may run for President. However, to be added to the ballot, they must register, simply by informing the current President (me) that they are running. They will then be placed on the ballot.
- All candidates must choose a Vice-Presidential candidate, who will become the Vice-President if they win, at least one week before the election.
- All campaigning must be in accordance with the election rules, which will be stated later in this post.
- Polls will be open from February 1st – February 3rd. The winner will be announced on February 3rd through a post, no later than 8 PM PST.
- Candidates may drop-out from the campaign at any time if they wish to do so.
A Word to the Voters
Remember, the President is elected to make GD as good as he/she can. It is in your best interest to vote for who you think will be the best leader for GD, not just because you like somebody. Vote with your head, not with your heart.
If You are Running
Simply say so in a comment. Your comment is due one week before election day.
Filed under: Election |