Be sure to visit the Debate Center, whether you are a candidate or not!
Also, click here to read about an upcoming meeting of Parliament
THIS POST CONTAINS IMPORTANT ELECTION INFO
It’s become time to formally elect our Prime Minister, the head of government for the Global Defenders. As many of you know, the Prime Minister is elected by popular vote by GD citizens. Read more to learn about about how you can run for Prime Minister.
Who can run?
Anybody who has been in the Global Defenders for more than on month or has attended at least one event may run for Prime Minister. This includes owners, moderators, and members. The King may not run for Prime Minister. Only the following restrictions apply:
- A citizen who has committed treason against the army cannot run for Prime Minister.
- Anybody who was blacklisted due to a previous campaign infraction may not run.
The rules for campaigning are as follows. Any candidate found to be campaigning illegally will be disqualified from the running.
- No bribery, coercion, intimidation, blackmail, or any of the like is permitted. If any candidate violates this rule, they will be blacklisted from future elections as well, and their votes will be discounted.
- Candidates may make as many campaign posters, speeches, etc. as they wish, so long as they are not profane and do not insult individuals based on race, ethnicity, gender, etc. Any such items in violation will result in a ban from the election.
- Any candidate who violates GD laws will be ejected from the election and banned from future elections.
- “Voter registration drives” (ie: getting people to join GD simply to vote for you) are forbidden. Any violation of this rule will result in a ban from all elections.
These rules can be amended during the campaign, but all candidates will be notified in such an event.
What is the role of the Prime Minister?
The role of the Prime Minister is not officially defined, since the Constitution has not technically been ratified as of now. However, here are the basic responsibilities of the Prime Minister:
- The Prime Minister is the King’s chief adviser on all matters.
- The Prime Minister leads sessions of Parliament and ensures that all protocols are enforced.
- The Prime Minister proposes and drives legislation through Parliament.
- Establishes the Cabinet
Where do I sign up?
Leave a comment on this post stating your intention to run. As long as you do not violate any rules, your name will be on the ballot, unless you drop out.
Good luck to all the candidates. The elections will be held on May 15th and last for 3 days.
Filed under: Election